To become a successful auditor, a strong base of knowledge and an understanding of basic auditing skills are essential. With this program, auditors, as well as non-auditors with internal control responsibilities, can learn the ins and outs of an audit from beginning to the end.
Classroom demonstrations, exercises, group discussion, and lectures, will enrich attendees knowledge and will properly prepare them to conduct a successful audit. A basic understanding of the roles of risks and internal controls in auditing will also be stressed, along with interpersonal and team-building skills. Even as it is an online class, participants will have the opportunity of a zoom or skype integration where it would be possible to discuss one on one with the Instructor.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Perform internal audit tasks and carry out value-added audit engagements
- Engage in a risk-based audit approach, from planning through process documentation to testing, analysis, and reporting
- Demonstrate the application of Professional Practices Framework
- Show the concepts and terms that are central to internal auditing.
- View your own organization from an internal auditing perspective.
- Communicate and sell internal auditing results
- Definition of audit
- Internal control and management
- Audit universe
- Risk based assurance plans
- Building the audit team
- Audit report (style, structure, information, clarity, language)
- Cover page:
- Table of contents:
- Executive summary:
- Background of Module and Audit:
- Purpose and Scope of the Audit:
- Summary of audit observations
- Details of audit observations
- How to audit top management processes
- Planning stage