Fraud is a general headache in most establishments around the world. A company has to actually detect fraud before it can be investigated. Remember that companies put controls in place to ensure that transactions have proper approval and the numbers are recorded correctly, but there are people who deliberately circumvent the controls for fraudulent purposes. What of control overrides, these are senior management activities. This course would equip you with modern skills to prevent, detect and control frauds.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify major fraud schemes
- Identify some common ways that fraud is detected within companies.
- Develop a basic investigative policy and create a general plan for dealing with reports of suspected fraud.
- Assemble a competent fraud investigation team to examine cases of suspected fraud.
- Avail the management of options for discipline and legal action once a fraud investigation is concluded
- Impart fraud detection and control skills on your subordinates and colleagues
- Background to Fraud
- Elements of Fraud
- Occupational fraud
- Bank frauds
- Types of Cheque scams
- Stolen Checks
- Demand draft fraud
- Rogue traders
- Fraudulent loans
- Forged or fraudulent documents
- Bill discounting fraud
- Booster cheques
- Prime bank fraud
- Identity fraud
- Why do people commit identity theft?
- How Does Someone Steal an Identity?
- How is identity stolen
- Identity Theft Action – Step
- And 60 other exciting topics