Internal investigations are a vital part of Control and Security Program. It's a serious matter when an employee is alleged to be violating company rules. So-called 'insider threats' can cause as much damage as thieves outside. These threats come in many different forms which include:
- Accounting fraud
- Outright theft of physical assets
- Unauthorized access, to manipulate data or to sell it
- Threats, sexual harassment or other inappropriate forms of behavior or communication.
Internal investigations aim to uncover the truth about alleged misconduct within the organization. But a good internal investigation must do so without compromising the relationship with innocent employees or unnecessarily damaging anyone's reputation. The course is therefore intended to impart good planning, consistent execution, analytical skill, sensitivity, and a solid grasp of the legalities involved in Internal Investigations
- At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Define fraud and identify types of frauds and other violations that exist in various departments of an organization;
- Identify causes of fraud and other violations in an organization;
- Select appropriate tools and methods to investigate frauds and other violations
- Write a lucid and elucidatory internal investigation report.